Wednesday, December 16, 2009

War

Wow.

I finally caught up on all 10 hours of WWII in HD, broadcast on the History Channel. I have always been intrigued by this period in history and what was happening behind the battle scenes and around the world. Drawing on battlefield and archival footage discovered in a multi-year search and converted into high definition, the series provides a gripping account of the realities and horrors of war, and personalizes it by following the stories of 12 servicemen and women.

I couldn't stop watching it.

The footage was primarily broadcast in color, which gave the graphic scenes even more weight. For the first time, I could really understand the breadth of activity and timing of how the war played out across the globe. The series was produced by a family friend, so I am off to send a personal note commending him on such a grand achievement. Plus, a phone call to my father thanking him again for his service during WWII.

Definitely check out at least a part of this stunning documentary series when it is re-broadcast or on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment