Sunday, November 22, 2009

il Cinema

Here's what I did not do last Saturday - attend the Cinema Italian Style festival at my local theatre, which I had been eagerly anticipating all month. Instead, I spent the evening at the vet ER with my dog after another one of her recent spate of Marley and Me type adventures. Luckily, my puppy is OK and there is always il cinema via DVD.

I had been scheduled to see the new documentary, Hollywood on the Tiber (Hollywood Sul Tevere), about the glamorous mid-century era when Rome rivaled Hollywood as a film capital. When names like Fellini, Loren, and Mastroianni were on par with Bogart, Bergman, and Brando, and films such as Roman Holiday and Ben Hur were brought to life in all their Italian grandeur. The black and white publicity stills look fabulous. Alas, another day.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment