Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rock and Roll

I FINALLY visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland this week, on my first trip to the great state of Ohio. My focus was on the popular exhibit currently running, "From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen". As a lifelong fan, it didn't disappoint and it also reminded me that I really have to finish watching Wings for Wheels: The Making of Born to Run documentary off of Springsteen's Born to Run 30th Anniversary package.

I raced through the rest of the museum, which was also really cool and rustled up some great memories of all the fantastic music and artists I've encountered over the course of my life and career. Bliss.

Last night, coming off of my Rock Hall triumph and recovered from my jet lag, I was all settled in to watch When You're Strange: A Film About The Doors, the new and intimate documentary on another favorite band. "Was" being the operative word, as I somehow managed to delete the film off of my DVR in an attempt to play it. Ugh!! Of course, it's no longer playing down the street at my local theatre, so I am desperately waiting to receive the golden email from PBS American Masters letting me know if and when it will be airing locally again (soon, please please).

Until then, I will be firing up my iTunes to relive the glory days of rock and roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment