Friday, August 28, 2009

Bicycles

Bicycle haiku:

Shiny, red, two wheels.
My bicycle waits for me.
Lingers in garage.

I finally dragged my bike out of the garage last weekend. It only took 7 years. Pumped up the tires (mostly by hand, with a little help from the bike shop down the street), then joined a local bike tour of the arts in town. It was so fun and easy - there is a designated bike path from my house all the way to the beach, for crying out loud! I resolve to do this more often, in lieu of haiku laments.

I am going to check out the Bicycle Film Festival in LA tomorrow, which I learned about on my tour. I had never heard of such a thing, but apparently it has been around for several years, travelling to many cities around the world and celebrating the bicycle through music, art and film. Whaddya know. There are a few bicycle documentaries (features and shorts) on the slate, so you know where I will be.

Next stop, Tour de France!

No comments:

Post a Comment